Our Source Water Protection Specialist travels throughout the state to assist rural water systems to reduce or eliminate the potential risks to drinking water supplies through the development of Source Water Protection Plans. She also assists in the implementation of contamination prevention measures.
Specifically, this staff member provides professional one-on-one on site assistance and training to rural and small communities in implementing Source Water Protection Plans for both groundwater and surface water supplies. She coordinates with state, county and local agencies in identifying and prioritizing areas for source water protection programs. She collaborates between multi-jurisdictional entities and local, county, state and federal agencies to establish Source Water Protection Plans.
Our Source Water Protection Specialist is:
On-site Technical Assistance Services
- Compliance w/ Regulations
- 1 on 1 Training / Teaching
- Source Water Delineation of Watershed
- Source Water Assessment Study & Report
- Existing and Potential Contaminant Sources
- Threat Assessment
- Watershed Protection Committees
- Public Awareness Programs, Signage
- Contaminant Monitoring
- Emergency Response & Contingency Plans
- Source Water Protection Plans
- GIS Wellhead/Watershed Mapping