Water and Wastewater Operations Specialists are imperative to our community for access to clean drinking water and to ensure wastewater effluent is returned to the environment properly. But with close to 50% retiring in the next five years, communities will fail to prosper or eventually even exist if replacements aren’t put in place AND properly trained. A growing population and increased demand for water and wastewater treatment services plus an aging workforce will drive employment growth and qualified, certified Operators will be in high demand.
Our nationally registered Apprenticeship Program has been developed in response to the industry’s need to train the next generation of skilled workers and standardize training across the state of Maryland. This 2-year program is designed to train operators through both coursework and on-the-job, experience-based learning and will culminate in MDE certification.
- Earn While You Learn
- Make A Real Difference In The Community
- Gain Practical Skills You Can Take Anywhere
- Train Alongside An Experienced Technician (2 year program)
- Every community is required to have a certified water / wastewater operations specialist
- Stable / Non-fluctuating Industry
- Proven solution to recruit, train, & retain employees
- Replace retiring workforce
- Transfer knowledge from experienced technicians to new apprentice
- 2 years of hands-on training alongside an experienced technician
- Build a relationship with the apprentice
- Ensure well-rounded, highly trained employee is produced
Our Apprenticeship Development Coordinator is:
Apprenticeship Development Coordinator