NOTICE: First-Time Certification? Please see important new process information before you register.
The instructor will review the location and collection procedures for bacteriological, inorganic, metal, volatile organic, and pesticide samples. There will be several brief exercises and an instructional video from MDE. The class concludes with an online test. We use the Webex platform for our online classes; detailed instructions for participating online are included in the registration confirmation email.
2.5 (x 1.5 w/ passing of test).
MDE has subsidized the cost of the classes so that registration can be affordable to those who perform primacy-related work. Fees are based on the 7 student categories below. Categories 1-6 require additional verifying information during registration.
- An employee or operator of a public drinking water system in Maryland – $25
- An employee of a State Agency of Maryland – $25
- An employee of a laboratory certified for drinking water analysis by Maryland – $25
- An employee of a well drilling operation – $25
- An employee of the Maryland Department of the Environment – $ free
- An employee of a County Environmental Health Program – $ free
- None of the above – $125